Zach Willis is Associate Director of Communications at IAALS. He oversees outreach for the organization, including online content, print publications, marketing, and media. He joined IAALS in September 2012.
Before coming to IAALS, Willis was a legal editor, program attorney, and online content manager for the Colorado Bar Association CLE, tasked with overseeing the organization’s award-winning online legal resource. While at CBA-CLE, Willis also coordinated marketing and developed promotion strategies for publications and conferences. Previously, Willis worked as a law clerk for Senior Judge Edwin L. Felter, Jr., at the Colorado Office of Administrative Courts.
Willis received his J.D. from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where he was a Senior Editor of the Denver University Law Review. Before transferring to DU, Willis completed his first year of law school at Creighton University. There, he received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award as the highest scoring student in his Legal Writing and Lawyering Skills class.
Willis obtained his B.A. in English and Writing from St. Norbert College in De Pere, Wisconsin, graduating cum laude from the Honors Program. He studied abroad in the United Kingdom at Lancaster University.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, Tethered by Letters
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Coauthor, The Modern Family Court Judge—More Than Just Pots and Pans, 44 The Colorado Lawyer 85 (August 2015).
- Coauthor, Working Smarter, Not Harder: How Colorado Judges Manage Cases, 43 The Colorado Lawyer 73 (November 2014).
- Author, Courting Change in Colorado: A Flurry of Rule and Form Updates Greet 2012, Denver Bar Association, The Docket (March 2012).
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- B.A., English, St. Norbert College, cum laude
Oct 16, 2018
Aug 22, 2018
Aug 2, 2018
Jul 26, 2018
Jul 20, 2018