All About Unlocking Legal Regulation
Click here to learn everything you need to know about IAALS' project and our progress
September 25, 2020
Access to justice: California can learn from Arizona, Utah
Daily Journal, Zack DeMeola
September 22, 2020
Talk Justice, an LSC Podcast, Episode 2: Regulatory Reform and Expanding Access to Justice
Legal Services Corporation, James J. Sandman
September 21, 2020
Historic Utah and Arizona Changes Have Legal Marketplaces, Tech Providers Eyeing Expansions
Law.com, Victoria Hudgins
September 17, 2020
Legal advice is often unaffordable. Here's how more people can get help: Kourlis and Gorsuch
USA Today, Rebecca Love Kourlis & Neil M. Gorsuch
September 16, 2020
Model for Change: Utah’s Data-Driven Approach to Closing the Justice Gap
Legal Talk Network, Ralph Baxter
Recent & Upcoming Events
- October 27: Reimagining Legal Services for All People—Lessons from Pioneers around the World, with Crispin Passmore (Founder/Principle, Passmore Consulting), Will Morrison (Strategic Policy Counsel, Law Society of Ontario), and Abigail Moy (Director, Legal Empowerment Network ) —and moderated by David Lat (Founding Editor, Above the Law). Register now.
- August 20: The Future of Legal Services with Rohan Pavuluri (Cofounder/CEO, Upsolve), Andrea S. Jarmon (Founder, Jarmon Law Group), and Andrew Arruda (Cofounder/CEO, ROSS Intelligence). Watch the presentation.
- August 20: Reimagining Law with Hon. Mary Anne Mason (Ret.), CBA/CBF Task Force, and Zack DeMeola, IAALS. Watch Part 1. Watch Part 2.
- June 25: The Future of Legal Services with William Henderson. Watch the Presentation.
- April 1: Skoll World Forum: Legal Empowerment, COVID-19, and Expanding Access to Justice w/ Technology. Watch the Presentation.
- January 17: Legal Services Corporation Innovations in Technology Conference 2020: Re-Regulating Access to Justice: How Regulation Reform Can Unlock More Access. Watch the Presentation.
- Work Group on the Regulatory Structure for Legal Services
- Utah Survey Reports
- Initial Report and Recommendations
- Standing Order Regarding Creation of Task Force
- Homepage: Utah Implementation Task Force on Regulatory Reform
- Current Recommendations
- Homepage: Task Force on Delivery of Legal Services
- Initial Report and Recommendations
- Petition to Implement Recommendations of the Delivery of Legal Services Task Force
- Reply and Final Amended Petition
- Rules for Comment
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Video: Arizona's Legal Problems... and Solutions!
- Access Through Innovation of Legal Services (ATILS) Task Force
- Legal Market Landscape Report
- Corporate Legal Services Market in California
- California Justice Gap Study
- Initial Recommendations
- Final Recommendations
Chicago Bar Foundation
- CBA/CBF Task Force on the Sustainable Practice of Law & Innovation
- Regulatory Reform Resources
- Comments regarding IARDC Proposal to Amend Rules Relating to Marketing and Communications to Improve Access to Justice
- Task Force Report
- Florida Supreme Court Letter to State Bar Requesting Study of Lawyer Regulation
- Florida Commission on Access to Civil Justice
- Special Committee to Improve the Delivery of Legal Services
- Client-Lawyer Matching Services Study of the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois
- Innovation to Address the Access to Justice Gap: Report to the New Mexico Supreme Court of the Ad Hoc Licensed Legal Technicians Workgroup
- Supreme Court Endorsement
- Oregon State Bar Futures Task Force Executive Summary
- Report and Recommendations of the Regulatory and Innovations Committees
- Resolution 115
- Future of Legal Services Report
- Profile of the Legal Profession
- Commission on Ethics 20/20 Working Group Report on Alternative Business Structures
- ABA Center for Innovation
- ABA Center for Professional Responsibility
- SCPR CPR PMBR Web Resources
Get in Touch
Are you working to unlock legal regulation? Do you see information missing from this Knowledge Center or have updates to share? We want to know. Submit your information here, and join the conversation online with #reimaginelaw and #unlockinglegalregulation.